Old-fashioned Cherry Cake Recipes Delia Online
Stumped for dinner? Get our life-saving Dinner Daily newsletter. You (and your stomach) can thank us later!
6 view more photos
Top Review byTom C. I agree with the others, this is a pretty dog gone good cake...Easy to make...When I make it again, I may cut back on the brown sugar...
See All Reviews
Make a Tweak Ask a Question
6 recipe photos
- Melt 1/3 cup of the butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet; stir in brown sugar until well blended.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons of the syrup.
- Arrange pineapple slices close together in butter-sugar mixture.
- Center each slice with a cherry.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto waxed paper.
- Beat egg whites until foamy in medium bowl.
- Beat in 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar a tablespoon at a time until meringue stands in soft peaks.
- With same beater, beat remaining 1/3 cup butter with remaining 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks, lemon rind, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Blend flour mixture into creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and the 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple syrup.
- Fold meringue until no streaks of white remain.
- Pour over pineapple in skillet.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 35 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched with fingertip.
- Cool cake in skillet on wire rack for 10 minutes; then invert over serving plate.
- Allow skillet to remain over a cake a minute for syrup to drain from pan.
- Serve warm or cold.
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8Calories 458.2 Calories from Fat 179 39% Total Fat 19.9 g 30% Saturated Fat 12 g 60% Cholesterol 99.9 mg 33% Sodium 440.1 mg 18% Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g 22% Dietary Fiber 1.4 g 5% Sugars 44.1 g 176% Protein 4.6 g 9%
Like what you see here?
Add to collection
Whoops! There are no results for your search. Please modify your search and try again.