Old fashioned milk box
Not to be confused with Bill Moseley.
William Peter Moseley (born 27 April 1987) is an English actor, best known for his roles as Peter Pevensie in the film series The Chronicles of Narnia and Prince Liam in the E! original series The Royals.
Moseley was born in the Cotswolds village of Sheepscombe, Gloucestershire, England. He is the son of Juliette E. (née Fleming) and Peter A. Moseley, a cinematographer.Moseley is the eldest of three children; his siblings are Daisy Elizabeth Moseley (born 1989) and Benjamin Hugh Moseley (born 1992). Moseley attended Sheepscombe Primary School from September 1991 to July 1998, in which year he appeared as an un-named boy in Cider with Rosie. Moseley then continued his education at Wycliffe College. He took time off often at Downfield Sixth Form, Stroud (which is part of Marling School and its next door neighbour, Stroud High School), because he was filming The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe; however, he still achieved well and finished on time.
Casting director Pippa Hall was responsible for casting Moseley as an extra when she was filling roles for Cider with Rosie (TV) back in 1998, when he was 11 years old. Several years later, when casting for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in 2005, she remembered him and recommended him for the role of Peter. From the first day of auditioning for the role of Peter Pevensie in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, it took a further eighteen months before Moseley officially won the role and was cast.
Moseley reprised the role of Peter in the 2008 sequel, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, and made a cameo appearance as Peter in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, despite his character's absence from the book on which the film is based.
In 2013, Moseley starred as Daniel Lombardio in the action thriller film Run alongside Kelsey Chow. In 2014, he starred as Anderl Gruber in the adventure drama The Silent Mountain. The movie is about a young Austrian soldier in World War I who fights his way through the Alps to rescue his first love and escape the impending explosion that will rock the mountain. In 2015, he played the role of Jared in the movie Margarita with a Straw. Later that year, he starred as Prince Liam in the E! original series The Royals alongside Elizabeth Hurley and Alexandra Park.
In 2016, Moseley starred as Tyler in the horror thriller film Friend Request, directed by Simon Verhoeven. He then starred as Arden Lowe in the Lifetime movie My Sweet Audrina based on a novel by V.C. Andrews. He has joined the Stand Up to Cancer programme "Change the Odds", which features many other young actors.
Moseley recently portrayed Aysel in the upcoming Brent Ryan Green film The Veil.
FilmographyMoseley at the premiere of Redbelt at the 2008 Tribeca Film Festival, 25 April 2008
TelevisionYear Title Role Notes 2002 Goodbye, Mr. Chips Forrester Television film; uncredited 2012 The Selection Aspen Leger Unsold television pilot 2012 American Ninja Warrior Himself Competitor; episode: " Southwest Qualifying Round: Part 1" 2012 Perception Prince Karl of Hasse-Brandenberg Episode: "Kilimanjaro" 2015–present The Royals Prince Liam Main role 2016 My Sweet Audrina Arden Lowe Television film (Lifetime)
Video gamesMoseley at the French premiere of The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian in June 2008 Year Association Category Work Result 2006 Saturn Awards Best Performance by a Younger Actor The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe Nominated CAMIE Awards Best Performance in a Feature film – Young Ensemble Cast Won Young Artist Awards Best Performance in a Feature Film (Comedy or Drama) – Leading Young Actor Nominated 2008 Nickelodeon UK Kids Choice Awards Favourite Male Film Star The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Won 2009 Young Artist Awards Best Performance in a Feature Film – Young Ensemble Cast Nominated
- ^ England & Wales, Birth Index: 1984-2005, as accessed on Ancestry.co.uk.
- ^ a b c d "The Boys Of 'Narnia'". CBS News. 16 December 2005.
- ^ "William Moseley". The New York Times. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- ^ a b c d e Nikkhah, Roya (3 July 2008). "William Moseley on Prince Caspian". The Telegraph. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- ^ Scott, A. O. (16 May 2008). "Out of the Wardrobe, Into a War Zone". The New York Times. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- ^ "'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader' Review". 2010-12-10. Retrieved 2016-08-28.
- ^ "Interview: Run Star William Moseley Discusses Being Inspired by Eminem". Retrieved 2016-08-28.
- ^ Patten, Dominic (2012-06-15). "William Moseley Joins 'The Silent Mountain'". Retrieved 2016-08-28.
- ^ "William Moseley's role in 'Margarita with a Straw'". hubmesh.com. Retrieved 2016-08-28.
- ^ Andreeva, Nellie (2013-09-12). "E! Pilot 'The Royals' Casts Its Prince". Retrieved 2016-08-28.
- ^ "Freestyle Makes a 'Friend Request' This October - Bloody Disgusting!". 2016-07-25. Retrieved 2016-08-28.
- ^ "My Sweet Audrina | Lifetime". Retrieved 2016-08-28.
- ^ "Young Hollywood wants to 'Change the Odds' with cancer PSA". USA Today. 4 August 2010. Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- ^ "First Look At Actors William Moseley And Serinda Swan In 'The Veil'". Knowshi Magazine. 6 March 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- ^ "'The Little Mermaid' Trailer: Live-Action Film Makes Debut Splash". Deadline Hollywood. 9 March 2017. Retrieved 2017-03-11.